Republic Airways Holdings Occupational Safety & Health Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Republic Airways, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airways is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Oversees, plans, creates and implements the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) 29 CFR programs to reduce work-related injuries. Ensures all training programs are compliant with applicable laws and Company policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Conducts formal safety assessments, investigations and evaluations at all company locations to include line maintenance operations, large maintenance bases (hangars) and ground service equipment shops.
• Investigates and reports findings of regulatory compliance issues and facilitates the implementation of required corrective measures.
• Schedules and conducts comprehensive inspections to identify real and potential hazards in workplace.
• Evaluates safety and health programs. Assists in developing and implementing required programs.
• Provides technical assistance to ensure hazards are corrected.
• Collaborates and inspects current safety policies and procedures for all safety programs.
• Assists in all correspondence with state and federal representatives regarding health and safety concerns.
• Partners with operations, maintenance management and all Company departments on various safety projects.
• Conducts technical research and makes sound judgment based upon analyses.
• Analyzes regulations and safety issues, provides input and defines impact on company activities and facilities.
• Provides technical leadership to team and department members. Leads through example; monitors, influences and trains others.
• Fosters the Company’s core values and culture throughout the work environment.
• Performs various other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• At least 3 years previous experience in occupational safety and health or related area or combination of education and experience.
• Must have OSHA 511, with OSHA 501/503 preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in safety or related area.
• At least 5 years previous experience in OSHA compliance.
• Experience with implementing a Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
• Airline experience is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Lift up to 50 pounds up to 35% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Outdoor weather conditions/Open air hangar occasionally.
Travel up to 50% of the time, including overnight, weekend and international travel. A valid passport is required. Must possess a valid US driver’s license.
Republic Airways is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the Company on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/republicairline/ , Twitter at https://twitter.com/RepublicAirline and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IOcelXc92JDhi8sIR9F0Q , and connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/ or Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/republic-airways-holdings-inc-/ .
In May 2018, Republic opened the Leadership In Flight Training (LIFT) Academy, a commercial aviation pilot training school in Indianapolis. LIFT uses state-of-the-art training technologies that combine flight, flight simulator, online and in-classroom training. Graduates are guaranteed a job as First Officer at Republic. Learn more at www.flywithlift.com at http://www.flywithlift.com/ .