Republic Airways Holdings Licensed A&P Mechanic in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Republic Airways, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airways is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Performs preventive maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in accordance with standards and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Performs preventive maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment and complies with 14 CFR, manufactures specifications, Company policy and procedures as well as other methods accepted by the FAA and OSHA when accomplishing maintenance.
· Performs maintenance mechanic duties in all areas inside and outside the hangar.
· Troubleshoots all aircraft systems. Executes maintenance work orders.
· Uses tools, equipment and test apparatus necessary to assure completion of the work in accordance with accepted industry practices. Verifies that all calibrated tooling is current on its calibration before use. Verifies materials and parts used are of a serviceable condition.
· Verifies that each part or component is effective for the aircraft on which it will be installed.
· Adheres to material handling and control procedures specified in RSQCM and by the equipment manufacturers. Initiates material requests.
· Evaluates the area and equipment that will be utilized to ensure that safety is not compromised before performing any maintenance action. Applies safety first at all times.
· Maintains a clean, safe working environment throughout the work shift.
· Updates Supervisor on progress of work performed. Reviews paperwork at the end of shift to ensure that all work accomplished is signed for prior to departing the maintenance facility. Assists with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the RSQCM.
· Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required
· Provides coaching and on-the-job training as directed.
· Adheres to established work schedule. Participates in shift meetings and briefings as required.
· Submits in writing any suggested changes in operational procedures that will enhance safety and cost effective aircraft maintenance.
· Accesses Company Intranet to become familiar with and utilize the RSQCM and aircraft manuals. Ensures part effectivity is correct per aircraft.
· Adheres to recurrent training, including required FAA AMT training, and keeps necessary licenses and certification up-to-date.
· Reads and acknowledges understanding of maintenance newsletters and Company Emails on a timely basis.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
Experience using a computer to look up information and input data.
Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience as an A&P mechanic or airline experience.
Avionics experience is preferred
Experience with General Aviation piston aircraft
Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
Excellent electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and pass criminal background and fingerprint checks.
Willing to submit to and pass FAA and Company mandated random drug and alcohol tests.
Must possess the required tools.
Must understand and follow aircraft maintenance manuals.
Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Must successfully pass background check and drug test
Possess a stable employment history.
Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
Ability to read, write and understand the English language. Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine
reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and be understood before groups of associates
of the organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
Possess decision making skills. Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms at least 90% ofthe time.
Able to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl up to 60% of the time.
Able to lift up to 50 pounds at least 35% of the time.
Able to lift or move 75 pounds over 70% of the time.
Must be able to see to perform work and to see approaching vehicles, aircraft and machinery.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work near moving mechanical parts, work with fumes or airborne particles over 90% of the time.
Work in high, precarious places up to 50% of the time.
Work around toxic or caustic chemicals up to 30% of the time.
Withstand risk of electric shock and work with explosives up to 10% of the time.
Work in outdoor weather conditions inside and outside an open air hangar up to 100% of the time.
The work environment can be very loud.
Able to wear a respirator and protective equipment for testing and regular duties. This includes minimal facial hair in order to ensure proper fit in of respirator in accordance with OSHA regulations.
Able to work nights, evenings, weekends and holidays to support 24 hour operations.
Able to travel up to 5% of the time, including overnight stays.
Republic Airways is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the Company on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/republicairline/ , Twitter at https://twitter.com/RepublicAirline and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IOcelXc92JDhi8sIR9F0Q , and connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/ or Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/republic-airways-holdings-inc-/ .
In May 2018, Republic opened the Leadership In Flight Training (LIFT) Academy, a commercial aviation pilot training school in Indianapolis. LIFT uses state-of-the-art training technologies that combine flight, flight simulator, online and in-classroom training. Graduates are guaranteed a job as First Officer at Republic. Learn more at www.flywithlift.com at http://www.flywithlift.com/ .