Republic Airways Holdings Field Service Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
At Republic Airways, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 188 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. Our 10 domiciles include CMH, DCA, EWR, IND, LGA, MCI, MIA, ORD, PHL and PIT. With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airways is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Provides field technical assistance and support to end users for hardware, software, and systems matters. Troubleshoots and resolves problems to determine whether problem is caused by hardware, software, or systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Assess and prioritizes break/fix, project and preventative maintenance to maintain operational standards and efficiencies.
· Performs technical investigations, processes analyses, and performs root-cause analyses to resolve IT related issues that impact operations.
· Serves as an escalation resource for more junior station support associates, business and IT management.
· Collaborates and builds relationships with business partners to align IT operations to the business objectives.
· Develops implementation plans and project plans to support the IT components for airport openings and closings and moves, adds, and/or changes. Works cross-functionally with other IT departments, customers facing business issues, facilities and external vendors to complete project deliverables.
· Develops and implements IT business processes and procedures to ensure standardization or as a solution to technical issues.
· Documents the location and interconnection of IT equipment at airports and other company locations.
· Identifies and investigates problems, trends, and determines what options exist to resolve issues.
· Determines the need to travel to a location, prioritize issues and manages a travel schedule for a subset of assigned locations.
· Works with vendors and airport authorities to execute pre-determined cable plans; ensures adherence to IT standards for placement, labeling, termination, and location. Works with vendors and partners as necessary to improve service.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Specialty training beyond high school in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
· At least 3 years customer service, desktop and/or networking field support experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. At least 5 years customer service, desktop and/or networking field support experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Able to move about the work environment.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
· Able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
· Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
May work in outdoor weather conditions/open air hanger
May be exposed to risk of electrical shock.
Travel up to 75% of the time, including overnight travel.
Republic Airways is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf%E2%80%8B .
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Republic Airways, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of about 190 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with about 1,000 daily flights to 100 cities in 40 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under its major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. The airline employs about 5,700 aviation professionals. Visit www.rjet.com at http://www.rjet.com/ for more information, follow the Company on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/republicairline/ , Twitter at https://twitter.com/RepublicAirline and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IOcelXc92JDhi8sIR9F0Q , and connect on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/ or Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/republic-airways-holdings-inc-/ .
In May 2018, Republic opened the Leadership In Flight Training (LIFT) Academy, a commercial aviation pilot training school in Indianapolis. LIFT uses state-of-the-art training technologies that combine flight, flight simulator, online and in-classroom training. Graduates are guaranteed a job as First Officer at Republic. Learn more at www.flywithlift.com at http://www.flywithlift.com/ .